We urge all of our members and visitors to attend and support our events.
We look forward to seeing at our upcoming events!!!
Family, Friends and Visitors are Always Welcome at All GSRA Events and Meetings
“Due to Covid19, Always Check With Event Sponsor Before Attending Any Event”
- This event has passed.
Burning Up The Beaches Car Festival
May 6 - May 8$50
Burning Up The Beaches is known as “THE FUN ONE”
Designed in conjunction with the Fort Walton Beach, Florida Chamber of Commerce as a fundraiser for The Arc of the Emerald Coast.
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, May 6, 2021:
- On-site registration and check-in, 3:00-6:00, by the pool
- Happy Hour at Rick’s on the Island, 6:00-8:00
Friday, May 7, 2021:
- FWB Main Street Car Parade, 10:00 – 11:00am
- DJ By the Grotto Pool (The Island), 12:00 – 4:00pm
- Hawaiian Luau, Music on The Island Green, 5:30 – 9:00pm
- Beach Bonfire, 8:30pm
Saturday, May 8, 2021:
- Car Show, Destin Commons, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Our awards include:
In keeping with this spirit, all Burning Up The Beaches awards are totally subjective.
1. PUBLIC CHOICE
2. SPONSORS CHOICE
3. CLIENTS OF THE ARC’S CHOICE
4. THE WILD BILL AWARD, AWARDED TO THE MOST FUN CAR AND CREW. In memory of BUTB supporter, Wild Bill Tuttle, awarded by his family.
5. OLD GUY AWARD: GROUP OF 3 OR MORE WHO TRAVEL THE FARTHEST. In honor of Barry Margolis and the Old Guys Cecil, Sonny and Packard Bill
VALVE COVER RACES
Valve Cover Racer
Rules and Specs
1. Small Block Chevy / Ford / MoPar or other similar size valve covers only.
2. Gravity race: No propulsion of ANY kind !!
3. Max Weight: 8 lbs. Official scales at race site prevail.
4. Max Width: 10 inches (measured outer tire edge to outer tire edge)
5. Max Tire Diameter: 4 inches
6. Max Number of tires per vehicle: 4
7. Tires shall NOT exceed beyond the length of the actual valve cover.
8. Weights must be fixed….no moving parts except for wheel rotation….No liquid- filled weights.
9. No Glass to be used on any valve cover race car !!!
10. No Cheating…..This is intended to be a fun and exciting event !!
11. Trophies: Awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.
12. Plaque: Awarded to “most imaginative valve cover race car !!!
1. Race track is 8 feet long and elevated to approximately 5 feet at one end.
2. Competition is for the farthest distance valve cover racer rolls.
3. Each competitor gets to roll twice with the farthest roll entered for competition.
4. Use your imagination for building your race car !! -:))))))
5. This event is a HOOT !!! The more cars we have in competition the greater the fun !!
6. Everyone and anyone can build a competition car…women are the most imaginative !!
7. Gentlemen and Ladies !!! “START – YOUR – GRAVITY !!” -:)))))))))
If you have an idea for an event, Please give Dan Wooley a call at 770-841-4375 or email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that 2020 marks the 44th year since GSRA was created by car clubs in the state of Georgia to address safety, legislation and education for the hobby automotive enthusiast?